23 Mar Paramedics on the frontline of COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ontario’s dedicated paramedics are on the frontlines. We know every call is a risk. The OAPC is working to keep paramedics in the field protected. We are collaborating with other healthcare professionals, reaching out to our government partners and making sure our members have the most up-to-date information, tools and resources they need to stay safe and healthy as they answer every call.
Here are some of the ways we are working and engaged:
- Sit at the collaborative table with the province and other healthcare professionals
- Sit in on the daily Ministry Emergency Operations Centre updates
- Part of the Paramedic Services Emergency Health Regulatory and Accountability Branch discussions
- Ad hoc meetings with various ministry partners
- Sit on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario Health taskforce
- Public engagement through the OAPC Twitter feed and Facebook page
We thank all the paramedics across the province for their commitment.